Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DIY earings @ Rare Device in SF

Slowly, I have come to a realization that the type of art I like and prefer are objects you can interact with daily. Although I love paintings and sculpture, I want something that I use in my everyday life that has been designed and thoughtfully crafted. The objects I love are the simplest version of 'interactive' art. Art should be something you incorporate into your daily life, not something you only use or appreciate seldomly. Because I lost my favorite pair of earrings, I am on the prowl for a new pair, preferably something well designed. The earnings below, found at rare device in San Francisco, caught my eye. I am looking for something less ornate for my daily use, but I love the fact that you have to pop these earrings out of the mold before you can wear them.


Find out more here: http://www.raredevice.net/item.php?item_id=391&category_id=13#

No comments:

Post a Comment