Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Untitled

The naming of a piece is by far one of the most difficult tasks I have encountered as an artist. The title can bring a moment of revelation to the viewer, or it can convolute its meaning. Earlier today I installed one of my first large scale paintings in a clients home and he asked me what I had named it. Sometimes, it takes me months to name a painting and sometimes all I need is a dictionary. Currently, it remains untitled but is influenced by meteorology, the bus lines in San Francisco, graffiti street art, fault lines, electrical wires, a spa in Whistler, energy and the urban sky line. Free association writing or dream interpretation is certainly in my future.

1 comment:

  1. You rock!!! Don't forget to keep making art dangerous.

    ReplyDelete